Wednesday, September 19, 2007

litz...

just heard back from Bill Shute at KSE; he'd asked me for about eight poems to look over for his Next Exit series, a very interesting regular issuance from the press where two poets are paired together with each contributing four poems of "place," poems of location; the series has featured writers like Doug Draime, Misti Rainwater-Lites, and most recently the pairing of Zachary C. Bush and Brad Kohler in Next Exit #4. so I turned up the Ennio Morricone and the Calexico, cracked my knuckles, wrung ten clipped bursts from the machine and sent em off. it turns out Bill thinks the ten poems work well together, so they'll appear in a solo edition of Next Exit, #5, due out sometime between now and Thanksgiving. many thanks to Bill for thinking enough of my stuff to spread it around in the world. I'll post more when the time draws nearer, but in the meantime, check out Next Exit #4 from KSE or sample any of their other titles (Berriozabal is in that group, with a great chapbook of verse)...

also, speaking of ZCB, if you like, you can check out a review I wrote for a book by the prolific Zachary C. Bush.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>