Saturday, September 15, 2007

just in...

the newest Blue Collar Review and there are some really fine poems in this issue from poets like John Grey, Michael Estabrook, Robert Edwards and others. the poem "Truth Is.." is worth the price of admission alone (though you can read it on the site by clicking "THIS YEARS WINNER" below the CONTEST button. I got one poem by the editors, and as it was writ in response to the entirety of the Katrina debacle, and the "anniversary" just passed, I thought I'd post it:

good job, everyone

as we pat ourselves
on our backs
each time
we give anything away,

more is being
taken from
us
than
we
care to know.


cunningham
07

pick up a copy; it's working class writing at its finest.

I also got the new BOGG, a magazine I forgot I subscribed to quite a long while back. I'd say about a quarter or more of the mag is 'experimental' poetry or visual poetry, not really my cup of tea, but some of it is pretty good, especially the featured poet, Ann Menebroker (a great writer and solid GPP Member ta boot).

3 Comments:

Blogger j.b said...

wow...what a poem...
Truth is... is amazing...so simple and so strong of voice and imagery. i loved it.

good job on getting one by them, too. never did have any success with Blue Collar, but they always put out a quality product (might explain why i never had much success now that i think about it!)

1:13 PM  
Blogger christopher cunningham said...

no doubt. there's also an amazing poem by Antler in this issue that I read last night.

Al at BCR has a tough editorial eye, that's for sure, but it might be you didn't get one by him because you are lame. that's all I can figure. j.b = teh lame.

1:32 PM  
Blogger j.b said...

aw man...i suspected as much.
CRAP! :)

the thing is: both my legs are fully functional. weird.

just like when my wife calls me a bastard. i don't get it. my parents were married when i was born.

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

>