Friday, May 15, 2009

lit shiz...

each year, Bill Roberts of Bottle of Smoke Press creates a masterpiece of the broadside printing arts, a compilation of great poetry and unbelievable printing called Bottle, an all-broadside "magazine." this year is no exception, and I've been lucky enough to have a few poems in past issues, and Bill found one of mine he thought enough of to include in #6, due out very soon. this bad boy is gonna be seriously beautiful and I can't wait to see it in its completed state. thanks, Big Bill...

you can catch a couple of videos of my broadside being printed by Bill and Jill Cypher of Lead Graffiti. check it out H E R E and H E R E.

I'll post ordering info as soon as it becomes available.

also just got the new New York Quarterly. haven't made it thru yet, but it looks pretty damn good overall, with barely any usual small press whiny-ass poems working the diary/journal angle (there are a few; you can't escape it). I have one more extra copy for anyone who emails me and wants it (somehow they sent me two extras; I got another in the mail today).

you can't go wrong with nibble, either; the new issue is a beaut. jeff fleming's editorial selections are spot on as usual. over at the website this week is his "Eight Questions" interview series, and this week it's Father Luke. worth your time...

got my contrib. copy of the fantastic debut release from Chance Press called A Common Thread and it's one of the nicest designed chap anthologies I've seen; double hand sewn signatures, slick paper, letterpressed cover piece, gorgeous endpages, and an interesting pouch containing the autographs of all contribs on individual slips of paper. it features the poetry of Bukowski dot Net members, and is surprising in its breadth and scope. not just the "type" of poetry you might expect. I think the autographed copy is sold out but you can get more info H E R E. thanks to Jordan and Justine for putting out such a fine bit of printing.

lastly, the letters book is at the printer. Jason Beherends, the editor of OA Press is "twittering" clips from the book, and if you're into following that sort of thing (I'm not) you can click H E R E. it'll be out by the end of the month...exciting stuff indeed. thanks again to everyone who's supported it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Fleming said...

Thanks for the kind words, Chris.

YOU DA MAN!

(of course I mean that in the most complimentary and yet ironic way possible)

11:55 AM  
Blogger j.b said...

i concur, ironically.

11:20 AM  
Blogger christopher cunningham said...

I chronically incur.

2:24 PM  
Blogger justine and jordan @ chance press said...

thanks for the mention, cunningham!

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

>