Friday, July 07, 2006

some notes...

first, thanks to all who wanted to participate in our little idea of helping some of the homeless vets in this country. I am going to do some research and find out how to help specifically homeless vets. I will post what I find here.

but sadly, I am not the guy to coordinate such a wonderful thing as a charity. I am lazy and irresponsible and cannot be trusted to administer your money. what I hope is that after I find out some of the ways to DIRECTLY CONTRIBUTE money to ACTUAL VETERANS who live in their cars/eat at shelters/suffer needlessly in this country of OBSCENE WEALTH AND WASTE, and post the results up here, that all of you will do the same thing in your locale, in your towns, in your cities. these vets are everywhere. I am going to search at the Mission Shelter here, check with the VA, do some googling, etc. I want to put my money in a VETS HAND, not give to some charity that has had ample opportunity to do something to this point and has not.

anyway, I'm in a rush, so thanks again everyone, it touches me deeply that you would trust me to put this together and run with it, but I just cannot handle the weight of that responsibility. plus, I've rec'd some emails that suggest donating larger sums to me to distribute and that might require some kind of tax deductions/tax numbers/gov't intrusion into my life and as Tommy at the NSA will tell you, he's got that covered and then some.

I hope you understand, but keep looking here for more info. I will also post what we've decided to do so as to keep you informed.

second, look for the last installment of WORLD CUP POETRY #9 this evening.

lastly, the best readers/commenters in the blogosphere support UPRIGHT. and I thank you all for being such genuine, honest, generous and beautiful people.

much more later tonight.

7 Comments:

Blogger j.b said...

we appreciate you just as much, Chris.

what else can we do? we must do what is right. THIS is right.

thank you for suggesting it, i (for one) understand your issues and concerns and will DEFINITELY take it upon myself to help, in some way.

i will do some research as well and see what i can find. i will post the results on my blog and in this one.

together, we have a chance to make a difference no matter how minor.

4:05 PM  
Blogger christopher cunningham said...

great, j.b, I appreciate the help. this is a matter that is larger than us for certain, and it is a diseased lunacy that we have to consider this at all. when BILLIONS go missing in Iraq, shit, you know the rant here, the sheer WASTE that this country generates, all of it, and these guys come back with no legs and are left to make it on their own (basically). horrible.

this is important. glad you guys see it too. it is symptomatic of the general fake patriotism, the self absorbed "generosity," that is sweeping our country, the kind of mentality that allows for vast environmental destruction, vast ignorance, simplemindedness, and so on, etc.

I'm glad to take a stand against idiocy and wankery on all fronts.

good show.

4:32 PM  
Blogger christopher cunningham said...

goddammit CAR, I shoulda thought of that.

a MOTHERFUCKER of a good idea.

let's do it. let's get as many of our poets/publishers who can participate and make this happen.

that is a good damn idea, baby.

**gives two gold stars to Rearick**

4:34 PM  
Blogger j.b said...

i'm in.

and i'll volunteer my press, and my services. once i move in, soon, i'll have all my stuff (paper, printer, cutter, etc.) to do this.

i can get Bill Roberts to make covers.

THIS NEEDS TO BE DONE. and with Bill's contacts, we can get a large distribution for this.

great fucking idea, Casey. BRILLIANT!

Chris...we should talk about this via email. but, i'll be willing to donate all i can to this endeavor.

7:29 PM  
Blogger christopher cunningham said...

sent you an email. me too, I am willing to put some grease, elbow variety, into this mother, as will as spend some $$.

will post more here as j.b and I move towards some details inre: who what where when why, etc.

4:13 AM  
Blogger j.b said...

got the email. we'll work this out, and we'll post what our plans are.

this is something WE NEED to do. it is our DUTY.

12:28 AM  
Blogger Luis said...

Good idea Casey.
I plan to help in some way.
And I received your chapbook w/Greg O. Great work.

Luis

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

>