Monday, March 09, 2009

lit shiz...

a quick update for those who care...

I have several pieces in the new Buk Scene #1, a magazine out of Canada and Amsterdam. you can find info on this fine looking mag, with great original cover art H E R E.

I've posted what will probably be the last little shorts I'm gonna post over at my Six Sentences page, since I'm working on some longer stuff, but check em out if you like.

I'm sending off my Propaganda Press ms. this week for my Pocket Protector book due out in May. it's a cool series of tiny chapbooks with some dandy poets having already been invited and published, and I'm glad to be in the ranks. mine is called Death Is My Subject and it's the END of all my work up to this point. I've retired every single thing I've writ since I started, and it's all new stuff from here on out. I'll post more as it approaches, but check out any book in the series, you won't be disappointed.

the book of letters, Sunlight At Midnight, Darkness At Noon: The Cunningham/McCreesh Letters, 2002 from Orange Alert Press is seeing some action, we've got the globe-spanning design team lined up and the CD with them Noot boys backing us reading some excerpts is finished. more soon, we're hoping for an early summer release...

I haven't been subbing shit anywhere, though I did submit a ms. to David at sunnyoutside for his Open Submission period in February called Approaching Zero and Other Stories. we'll see if it goes. maybe that'll change as 2009 moves forward and I'll get back to it; it's a necessary evil in the end, finding places to send work and packing it up and mailing it out. and I'd rather do that than submit to the millions of online "magazines" (even though Hosh and I have one too...we understand its ephemeral nature and its inherent unreality) as I really just can't stand the online publishing world. it's effortless and temporary (see rant #2690 in re: what's real and what's not), so I attempt to remain in my weird Luddite world of print while shaking my fist at the kids and their intertubes, busily twittering each other until their stupid fucking tweet holes are stuffed full of horrible banality and 140 characters of nothing. bah...

thanks again to everyone who bought a cd and/or a copy of A Sound To Drive Away The Coming Darkness; glad you enjoyed it or sorry you hated it, depending on which side of the fence you came down on...

more later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>