Thursday, July 13, 2006

good new poetry for you kids...

this just in from David at sunnyoutside. they will be publishing one by yours truly this fall, but in the meantime, please support the small press and an amazing poet, Michael Kriesel:

sunnyoutside is pleased to announce the release of Feeding My Heart to the Wind: Selected Short Poems 1999–2005 by Wisconsin native Michael Kriesel. This is Kriesel's first collected works and his first title since the award-winning Chasing Saturday Night (Marsh River Editions). The cover has been letterpress-printed with hand-set Alternate Gothic No. 2 type and an original linocut by Boston-based artist Adrian Rodriguez .

Orders placed through www.sunnyoutside.com before noon on Monday (7/17) will also receive a free copy of Kriesel's broadside/pamphlet Three Poems . The title is also currently being carried by Amazon.com and Powells.com. It retails for $6, plus shipping & handling.

Please click here for the title page at sunnyoutside.


Sample Poem

"Rented Room"

Fall window sill
the beer's cool

watching a maple
I start to pay attention

to the light
the way the trees do


About Michael Kriesel
Michael Kriesel is a widely-published poet and reviewer living in the countryside near Wausau, Wisconsin. His poems have appeared in over 200 journals, including Nimrod, Rosebud, Bitter Oleander, and The Progressive. Winner of the Council for Wisconsin Writers 2004 Lorine Niedecker Poetry Prize, Kriesel is a member of the State Poet Laureate Commission and a lifelong Wisconsin resident except for ten years in the Navy as a TV journalist and newspaper editor.

The Details
ISBN: 0-9769857-3-X
28 pages
4"x 5.5"
Saddle-stiched.


Thanks for reading,

David Michael McNamara
Publisher, sunnyoutside


go. buy. enjoy.

14 Comments:

Blogger christopher cunningham said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:42 AM  
Blogger christopher cunningham said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:43 AM  
Blogger christopher cunningham said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:25 AM  
Blogger christopher cunningham said...

good job Mike!

2:52 AM  
Blogger christopher cunningham said...

no, cat, I'll leave it. I like the way you think.

3:08 AM  
Blogger christopher cunningham said...

and she is gonna post another FRAGILE BEAUTY maybe this weekend.

3:16 AM  
Blogger Luis said...

I look forward to Fragile Beauty post & Cynthia's photography.

8:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:12 AM  
Blogger christopher cunningham said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:45 PM  
Blogger christopher cunningham said...

no doubt karl. I just sent david cash for Bill's book and Mike's book. I've been exchanging letters with Bill lately, he's a great writer and a good guy. I really look forward to reading his book.

yep, sunnyoutside, and david mcnamara, is alot like Bill at BOSP in that they both care deeply about the whole of it, from the work itself to the production of the book. my sunnyoutside book that will be out in a couple of months will be a trade paperback with handpainted covers on all of em. should be a dandy.

hey, if you want, send me your NERVE COWBOY book and I'll send you ANIMAL LIFE if you would like.

you can check my profile and get my email, or leave me yours and I'll send you an address.

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So wait, I'm just seeing all of this. Why did a dispute come from you posting something about Kriesel's book? Surely that couldn't be the origin of all of this, could it?

4:36 AM  
Blogger christopher cunningham said...

no, no...nothing about Mike.

I posted a letter on j.b's blog per a request during a discussion about rejection notes, a bitchy letter I wrote after getting a bitchy letter from an editor. it went south from there after "theeffects" (owen) and myself began flaming each other in the comment section. he called me some stuff, and then I called him some stuff. childish and unprofessional, really on my part. he had an opinion that I didn't like and I reacted poorly.

that is the short story on it, I deleted all the ugliness figuring it had no place on j.b's blog.

so this is an attempt to right at least the part I played in the silliness/ugliness. shit, we are all in this miserable poetry game together, and there are so few of us as it is that we don't need to be jamming knives in each other while we languish in the trenches. there are larger dragons needing slaying by both theeffects and myself, and we both work with the word.

thanks for asking, though.

4:50 AM  
Blogger christopher cunningham said...

and that's why there are so many deleted comments here, that stuff carried over and this was the place the comments landed. they had nothing to do with Mike's I'm sure great new book (I just ordered it today along with Bill Taylor's) so I canned em.

well, two of em were pretty funny "Raising Arizona" references...

4:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

>