Tuesday, July 25, 2006

some lit shiz...

our good friends at Partisan Press have a new release for sale, poems by Peggy Sapphire. the editor Markowitz, in addition to being a fine poet in his own right, is an astute reader of poesy and knows his business. I'm sure this will be a great book.

I rec'd my copy of Bill Taylor Jr.'s new book So Much Is Burning, and it is a fantastic read. the poems are stark and honest, teeming with the realities of life, good and bad. the production on the book by sunnyoutside is very nice indeed, crisp black and white with the poems and photographs working together throughout. great stuff, get your copy here.

I also rec'd a package of incredible work from Adrian Manning", including his Bottle Of Smoke Press book Wretched Songs For Out Of Tune Musicians and the joint chap Bring Down The Sun with Manning and Henry Denander. listen, this guy can write. he knows his way around the machine. if you have half a fucking brain in your head, you will go and buy one of his books right now.

I also rec'd Kriesel's new one, Feeding My Heart To The Wind; it is a fine chapbook featuring short poems that grab you immediately and linger in your mind for a long long time. they are snapshots that instantly pierce the veil of emotion and imagination, poems that are profound and simple. very well done, and the production by David at sunnyoutside is winning.

lastly, I rec'd the last available copies of Hosho McCreesh's most recent book Deep Surface Fissures Revealing A Furious Molten Core, and if you don't have it, you, sir, are a swine. email me for your copy, I might charge you something, but that's okay, it's better than me coming over to your house and chainwhipping you. which can be arranged. just buy the book, it's nicer that way. there are only seven copies left.

that's it. the Guerilla Poetics Project is storming ahead, without any concern for who gets crushed in the onslaught.

more later.

8 Comments:

Blogger j.b said...

have most of the ones you listed.

Manning is a helluva writer. both books are great.

Hosho is Hosho. amazing book and i'm so fucking glad i own one. now, just finding it in the mass of junk i have to unpack.

Bill Taylor is an all-time favorite. i've ordered his, but haven't received it yet. maybe today. looking forward to it.

we must keep the word alive.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

William Taylor is one of my favorites, too. Sadly, I'm short of cash right now so I can't order anything! But when we get back on our feet, I'll be ordering lots of stuff! :)

I got the book by Hosho and again, sadly, I just don't have time to read right now. Or attention span. Once the kids go back to school I'll have more time and quiet! But the cover of this book is beautiful! Just gorgeous.

School starts Aug. 25th. Hurry time! Hurry!

9:47 AM  
Blogger j.b said...

Hosho's cover is one of the all-time best covers. Cunningham's cover on his PRIZE WINNING Nerve Cowboy chapbook is just as pretty.

lots of good poets out there. tons.

3:32 PM  
Blogger Bill - Bottle of Smoke Press said...

Hi,
now have less than 30 copies of the latest book by cunningham available. These will sell out very fast. If you have not secured a copy, now would be the time. In a very short time, they will be gone. Those that have paid for copies, should have theirs in a couple days. They go out tomorrow, first class (or airmail). It is an amazing book and one that will not be reprinted pnce this edition is sold out.

All best,
Bill
Bottle of Smoke Press

1:40 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

Bill,

I'm sorry to hear that. I really am. Because I can't order a thing right now. I'll cross my fingers and hope that the book will be there when I've got extra money.

:)

6:23 AM  
Blogger christopher cunningham said...

Kat,
we'll make sure you get one.

7:58 AM  
Blogger Luis said...

The cost of war keeps going up.

12:09 AM  
Blogger Bill - Bottle of Smoke Press said...

Hi Kat,
I'll hold it for a month for you. Does that work? I'm more worried about getting these into the right hands than in making another sale. Also, I can just mail it and send you an invoice with 30 day terms. Hell, if you need more time, that is fine too.
I'll work with you. Please e-mail me at bill@bospress.net.

Best,
Bill

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

>